Selection of material
The correct wire material is the prerequisite for the most durable and hard-wearing springs.
Hagens Spring Group will often use oil-hardened wire - EN 10270-2 – which has great ductility and can easily be shaped. We produce a number of springs in a stainless material - EN ISO 6931-1:2020.
The correct material is the prerequisite for the most durable and hard-wearing springs.
Hagens Spring Group works with all types of materials, targeting the final use of the spring. The most common materials are:
- Cold-drawn and cold-coiled steel
- Heat-treatable spring steel
- Oil-hardened spring wires
- Stainless-steel spring wires
- Stainless-steel materials of low corrosion
- Stainless-steel spring wire for high temperatures
- Non-magnetic materials
- Alloyed wire for medical uses
- Titanium wire
- Acid-resistant spring wires
- Copper wire
We also work with a number of specialized products. For example:
- AISI 316
- Hastelloy C-276®2
- Inconel X-750®1
- Inconel 718®1
- MP 35N®3
- Niconic 90®1
Hagens Spring Group has great knowledge of the material market for spring production, and it is always beneficial to contact us if you have the need for other materials.
We know what the materials are suitable for in terms of stress, temperature and corrosion.
Specialized springs are our standard.